Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sorry, everyone, for the big space in between my .. two posts .. and this one. Seriously, I'm really falling behind at this!

Well, at least I've been writing all my thoughts down somewhere. I started journaling again a few weeks ago and I love it! I had one journal for two years, but I just wrote down what happened, in ridiculous detail. I would write all the exact events for two weeks, and then not journal for months! When I finally finished the whole journal this summer (something I've never done before!), I bought a new journal in the summer, and planned on starting it soon afterwards. Obviously, I didn't! It took me a long time to actually start the new one, and I'm glad I did.

Seriously, if you don't have a spiritual journal, I really encourage you to start one. It's been a blessing for me, personally, and I would love for you to experience that as well!

I'd love to hear from you guys! What do you like about journaling? If you keep a journal, what do you write about? Where do you write it? What's your system, and why does it work for you specifically?

7 comments:

Zoe said...

I love journaling, although I am not very consistant at writing it it. I write my thoughts and things going on in my life.
I usually tend to do it somewhere quiet where I will not be inturrupted.

Cool blog by the way!

Anna said...

Journaling is amazing... I used to journal about my life a lot, and now I mostly journal in my devotional times, about what I'm reading and praying. Instead of underlining my Bible, I write down verses in my journal. It helps me remember them and keeps me from always focusing on particular verses when I'm reading Scripture.

I think it's great that you're journaling instead of blogging. If I had to pick one, I would definitely pick journaling! :)

Hannah Noelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoe said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Meshaay said...

Cool blog, especially the ipod thing! How can I get it?

I enjoy journaling because I write to the Lord, as if it were a letter. I tell Him how I'm feeling, ask questions, talk about the day or the dream I had last night, anything.

I really like it because it makes me feel closer to the Lord so that even when I'm not writing my thoughts, I easily tell Him everything.

Maria said...

I have two notebooks that I use. The one is for my Bible study and is kind of a journal of what I'm learning. The other one is for me to write everything and anything in- poetry, daily events, emotions, or whatever I just need to write down.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelsey ~

You need to start posting again! Journaling is a great idea though, I did it for years and am just now beginning again. I usually write at night and read in the morning. There was a span of two years where I didn't, though, and I really regret not writing things down.
COme back to the blogger world soon! ~Phylicia