Saturday, March 15, 2008

Learning to Stand up

I admit it, I'm scared. Scared of falling down. I tried to do everything on my own, but I just let myself down. I need to give Jesus control.

But, what if I fall apart? What if I go back to yesterday? ..And I shrink back with fear, holding onto what destroys me. I slip back into bad habits and I forget. I forget. I forget the Cross..

"NO! No longer!" I scream to my flesh. "I can't keep on doing this! I .. I can't do .. anything."

And in the realization that I can, in fact, do nothing, my Father grabs hold of my weakened soul. He takes me to Himself.

When we are weak, He is truly strong.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

If I truly remain in Him, I won't have to be afraid. I won't have to fear falling. I can stand up in my God .. and never fall.

In Watchman Nee's book, Sit, Walk, Stand, he says that "it is when we have reached the point where in all honesty we cry: 'I cannot speak,' that we discover God is speaking. When we come to the end of our works, his work begins. [...] God never asks us to do anything we can do. He asks us to live a life which we can never live and to do a work which we can never do. Yet, by his grace, we are living it and doing it. The life we live is the life of Christ lived in the power of God, and the work we do is the work of Christ carried on through us by his Spirit whom we obey. Self is the only obstruction to that life and to that work."

Father, through me, live a life which I could never live on my own. Teach me to surrender to you. Lead me, Jesus..

Feel the sunlight on my face
You have brought me through this place
Jesus, Jesus, you found me
Through the dark night, you led me
You set me free
-You Led Me by BarlowGirl

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." Ephesians 6:10

2 comments:

emilybcummins said...

Hey Kelsey! I love your thoughts....we truly do need to stand up!

~Emily

Anna said...

Hi Kelsey, I like your blog! :) Thanks for linking to me.